Fundraising with Co-op
Our Gift Card Fundraising Program helps local community groups and non-profits raise funds to support their activities and operations.
Whether you’re raising money to help your sports team, dance crew, charity or travel club, Co-op is here to help!
We welcome applications from:
• Non-profit/registered charitable organizations exempt from taxation under the Canada Income Tax Act, whose programs and services benefit our community
• Not-for-profit community groups and youth organizations (Non-registered are also considered)
Please note that someone on your fundraising team must have a Southern Plains Co-op membership to participate in this program, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s values: Respect | Honesty | Service | Excellence
How it works:
Your group receives a percentage of the total amount of Co-op Gift Cards sold during your fundraiser.
1. Apply to participate with Southern Plains Co-op. (online application link is below)
2. Pre-sell Co-op Gift Cards to your community supporters (we’ll even provide the forms!).
3. Send us a summary of your sales and we’ll invoice you for the total amount, less your discounted percentage (That's the part your group gets to keep for all your efforts).
4. Give us a cheque for your total order and complete a short survey.
5. Pick up and deliver your gift cards!
Gift cards are available in amounts of $25, $50, $100, and can be redeemed at any participating Co-op location in Western Canada.
• The minimum gift card order is $2,000 per fundraiser.
• Groups must provide payment in the form of a cheque from the organization. Personal cheques, cash, and credit cards are not accepted.
• Fundraising groups must be approved by Southern Plains Co-op to participate in the program. Individuals, government agencies, profit-based organizations, third-party fundraising campaigns and groups that may have an adverse environmental impact are ineligible to participate.
• Equity is not earned on fundraising gift card orders.
• Groups can participate in our Gift Card Fundraising program once per fiscal year.
Your Co-op will undertake the following:
• Provide the organizer with the Fundraising Package, including forms needed for sales and tracking and social media promo materials
• Review timelines for fundraising and payment with the organizer
• Issue a Completion Survey promptly upon receiving your Sales Summary Form and cheque
• Ensure gift cards are ready for group one week after Sales Summary Form and payment has been received (and Completion Survey submitted)
• Answer your questions relating to the program
You will undertake the following:
• Maintain a single point of contact for Co-op and keep in contact
• The contact person identified in the application will be the single point of contact for the program and will be the only authorized representative for discussing fundraising specifics after approval.
• Obtain, copy and distribute sales forms to your group
• Positively represent Co-op as your fundraising partner
• Collect forms and payment from your group after fundraising
• Complete the Sales Summary Form along with one cheque payable to your Co-op for your percentage of final gift card sales. A cheque payable to your Co-op must be included with the gift card’s Sales Summary Form when handed in.
• Fill out Co-op’s Completion Survey
• Distribute gift cards in timely manner
Southern Plains Co-op uses Do Some Good to power their application forms. Apply Here for your Gift Card Fundraiser!
Southern Plains Co-op, like other community-minded businesses, receives numerous requests for donations. Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks to review your requests and respond. Southern Plains Co-op works hard to assist in as many community organizations as possible, however due to the high volume of requests received, not all worthwhile proposals will be approved. Such a response does not reflect upon the value of your organization and the valuable service you provide.