The Community Support Fund program is designed to support local events, community groups and non-profit organizations that we serve. We welcome the opportunity to be involved and help build a stronger community through events or programs that enrich the lives of community members.
We welcome applications from:
• Non-profit/registered charitable organizations exempt from taxation under the Canada Income Tax Act, whose programs and services benefit our community
• Not-for-profit community groups and youth organizations (Non-registered are also considered)
Please note that someone on your team must have a Co-op membership to participate in this program, and that your group’s purpose should align with our Co-op’s mission to build sustainable communities through involvement, investment, and engagement.
The following programs/groups are ineligible to apply:
- Individual/self-interest groups. Exceptions may be made for youth education sponsored by the Co-op entities.
- Religious organization, except those offering community services or a non-denominational basis.
- Private clubs or organizations, Any organizations involved in promoting controversial issues.
- Political groups.
How it works:
- Submit an application through our online form, powered by our friends at Do Some Good. All Community Support requests must be made using the online form to be considered for funding.
- Applications are reviewed and the recipients will be chosen at the discretion of Southern Plains Co-op
Due to the volume of requests we receive, please allow a minimum of two weeks for us to respond. For donation requests of $1,000 or more, please ensure that you submit your application a minimum of one month in advance to ensure all submissions are reviewed in a timely manner.*
- As donation funds are limited, past support of an organization or event does not guarantee future support. All groups and organizations must re-apply for funding each year.
Recipients are encouraged to follow up with Southern Plains Co-op on the success of the program, how the funds were used and the impact the funds had on the program.
Click here to apply: Community Support Fund Application
*Southern Plains Co-op like other community-minded businesses, receives numerous requests for community support. Please allow a minimum 2 weeks to review your requests and respond. Southern Plains Co-op works hard to assist in as many community organizations as possible, however due to the high volume of requests received, not all worthwhile proposals will be approved. Such response does not reflect upon the value of your organization and the valuable service you provide.